#GivingTuesday Nov. 29: Help improve communities through the Foundation
Published by: Christy Clark
November 16, 2022 | Ohio Credit Union League Foundation
Giving Tuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: encourage people to do good. Celebrated on the first Tuesday after Thanksgiving, this day is touted as a “global generosity movement unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world.” No matter what we do, where we live, or who we serve, we all want to make the world a better place. Please consider supporting the GivingTuesday movement with a donation to the Ohio Credit Union Foundation.
The Foundation is a proud credit union partner fueling educational and outreach initiatives that promote financial independence through credit unions.
There are so many ways you can promote #GivingTuesday through the Foundation, including:
- Making a one-time online donation.
- Letting your members know about the Video Scholarship available in the spring and your staff about the Student Loan Forgiveness Grant in the fall.
- Appling for a grant to support a new initiative or program that promotes financial independence.
- Saving the date and budget for Foundation events in 2023: inVest48 (April 3-5), Golf Classic (Aug.7), and Clay Classic (Oct. 27).
- Selecting the Ohio Credit Union Foundation as your charity of choice on AmazonSmiles
Credit unions are founded on the philosophy of People Helping People. How will you join the #GivingTuesday movement?
Contact Christy Clark for questions or assistance.