HR Suite updates for 2022
Published by: Christy Clark
May 18, 2022 | Member Benefits
Your League member benefit HR Suite policies are regularly reviewed and updated for accuracy. The most recent updates included twenty-seven policy updates and one policy removal (8008- Families First Coronavirus Response Act). Additionally, the Employee Handbook received sixteen updated policies.
The Update Overview provides information about the revisions, including a complete list of all the policies affected and information on HR developments since the last update. In addition, some policies have been adjusted to include optional language. This language is highlighted in yellow and should be used or removed depending on your credit union practices or state and local laws.
Separate zipped files for the HR Policy Manual and the Employee can be found in the library section of the online manual. The zipped files contain all the redlined versions of the updated policies. All content changes are now available in the online Master Manual. It is important to note that when updates are made to the Master Manual, these updates do not automatically go into your Working Manual.
Next Steps for your credit union
Using the “Overview” document linked below and the “Tracked Changes- Redlined” information found in the zipped files in the online Library, review the changes for each policy, and for each policy, decide if you want to:
- Do nothing and leave your Working Manual as is (usually only if the update does not apply to your credit union or you are not currently using the policy).
- Remove the policy from your Working Manual and bring in the updated policy in its entirety (usually if the Working manual version has little or no customization, or if the updates were very extensive and it would be easier to start with the updated content and re-customize for your credit union). This option will remove all your customization from your policy and will require you to re-customize the entire policy for your credit union.
- Use the redlined version as a guide and manually incorporate the updates into your Working Manual version (usually if the updates were very minor, or if the Working manual version is heavily customized and it would be less work to manually add the updates rather than re-customize the policy). This option will allow you to keep all customization already in your policy.
The following documentation is available online to help you understand the updates and incorporate them into your Working manual:
- Update Overview – This lists all the updated contents and provides a brief overview of what was updated and why it was revised.
- HR Suite State Law Customizing Guide – This guide highlights some of the common areas where state law must be considered and integrated into the HR Policy Manual and Employee Handbook.
- Content Updates Videos – Two short videos documenting the update process, understanding the documentation, and how to incorporate the updates into your own policies, including full policy replacement and manually incorporating updates from the redlined version into your own policies.
- Updating Your Working Manual – This document provides written instructions on removing the existing policy from your working manual and bringing in the updated policy in its entirety.
As with all the policies, you may need to modify these updates to meet your specific needs and ensure they comply with state law regulations, for questions or additional information, contact Director, Member Success and Communications, Christy Clark.