Join the 2024 GRID Mentorship Program
Published by: Melanie Shaner
February 7, 2024 | GRID Emerging Leaders
The GRID Mentorship Program promotes collaboration, education, and opportunities for emerging leaders to learn the skills to succeed and grow within the Credit Union Movement. Launching its second annual collaboration in April, the program focuses on partnering emerging leaders with experienced role models to provide guidance and career development. The annual cost to participate is $250 for mentees and complimentary for mentors investing their time and thought leadership.
The 2024 mentorship class will kick off on Monday, April 22, at inVest48. Be a part of the mentorship program and submit your application today. The deadline for submissions is March 15.
This year’s program will incorporate themes from the book Creating Magic: 10 Common Sense Leadership Strategies from a Life at Disney. Mentors and mentees will meet one-on-one each month to discuss these strategies and how they apply to professional development goals for each mentee.
The program itinerary also includes the following events:
- April – Program launch with an informal gathering during the Private Leadership Reception at inVest48, following the Emerging Leaders Workshop.
- May – Virtual connection with a focus on career goals and setting expectations.
- July – GRID CEO Panel with an in-person session for mentorship participants.
- August/September – Shadowing experience at mentors’ credit unions.
- September – Virtual event with a focus on history and cooperative principles.
- October – Regional meetup focused on moving from peer to boss and “leading” versus “managing.”
- December/January 2024– Virtual connection to discuss program successes and takeaways.
- April 2024 – Program wrap-up and celebration at inVest48.
Learn more about the program, apply, and discover additional GRID opportunities on our Emerging Leaders Resource Page.
Contact Melanie Shaner for questions or assistance.