Movement progress in state lame-duck session
Published by: Emily Leite
December 2, 2020 | Government Affairs
With the general election results wrapped up, the Ohio General Assembly is tackling a list of must-dos in lame-duck session, and the League is working to ensure Ohio credit union legislative priorities are poised for year-end success, such as:
- Eliminating the requirement for checking account open dates to be printed on checks
- Clarifying debt notification requirements for second lien holder foreclosure actions.
- Providing the Treasurer of State broader flexibility to determine a reduced interest rate for Business Linked Deposit loans
- Establishing criminal penalties for cybercriminals and permitting victim restitution through civil action
- Creating a new linked deposit program to enable affordable adoption lending
The League looks forward to partnering with your credit union to help push these legislative initiatives across the year-end finish line. Contact Director of Legislative Affairs, Cory Fleming, for any questions or if you would like to contact state elected leaders to encourage their support.
T: (614) 923-9705
C: (614) 395-0371