Retain employees through satisfaction surveys
Published by: Christy Clark
June 15, 2022 | Human Resources, Member Benefits
Employee surveys have become increasingly popular and are commonly used by many companies to become an employer of choice in this competitive market. Early attitude surveys were largely limited to employee morale and job satisfaction. Today’s surveys are much more encompassing and strategic, reaching beyond basic mindset studies. In addition, they are capable of measuring multiple organizational dimensions and supporting a variety of managerial goals, including:
- Evaluating current programs and organizational effectiveness.
- Diagnosing problems and identifying training needs.
- Setting goals.
- Developing systems and policies.
- Supporting constructive change and guiding workforce transformations.
- Analyzing the alignment of company culture with business strategy.
- Measuring employee values regarding work and opportunities to improve effectiveness.
- Evaluating internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Identifying workforce and employee relations problems.
- Identifying supervisory problems.
- Providing a “vehicle” for employees to be heard and establishing two-way communication.
- Examining employee “perceptions.”
- Identifying an organization’s competitive strengths and obstacles.
For additional information on implementing effective employee surveys, log into HR Suite, a complimentary League member benefit. If you have questions, contact Director, Member Success and Communications, Christy Clark.